Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy New Life!

Hi All...did you miss me? Yes I'm going to blog again. It's been a while and so much has been happening. This time last year was quite different to where I am today. Last year, in fact the past few years (since the twins were born) have been relatively quiet for me. I stayed home most of the time and didn't have many people come to my place either. I guess I sort of hid away from the world a bit. Part of that was due to having the twins and thinking it was all too hard and part of it was due to a few people, who I thought were good, close friends, turning their backs on me and deceiving me. I lost a lot of self confidence and found it really hard to motivate myself to do anything. I was also diagnosed with several auto-immune disorders.

When I turned 40, I made a conscious decision to get back out into the world and meet some new people. This began with my eldest daughter, Monique, taking me along to a social network/bloggers meet up. There I met a bunch of great people who, some of which, have become good friends and are very dear to me. Now, my life is very different to what it used to be. I am venturing out of the house quite often, even taking the kids with me at times. I have people who I talk to everyday and I am now a part of several social networks. I meet new people almost every week and I have regained some of my confidence back. Although, I still suffer with the auto-immune disorders and am in pain most of the time, I have found motivation to have a life!

Blogging was something I hadn't ever done until recently either. I used to write poetry many many years ago. I guess that was an outlet for me, as blogging is for some. These days I find that I don't have a whole lot of time to write, hence only writing a couple of blog entries since my first. However, as part of my new interactive social life, I have decided to try and 'make the time' to keep this up.

So, that being said, I am making my first entry for 2009 and hope that I can continue regularly!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeay! I remember that first meetup you came to. I'm so glad you came, and pleased now to be able to call you friend.

Hugs babe!

JimBob51 said...

I remember the meetup in Gilbert Street - was a good night - so much has happened in such a short time

Jess said...

YaY!!! i'm glad your getting out more :D i'm glad *I* get out more.. heck i'm glad EVERYONE gets out more lol don't listen to me i'm hot and tired and CRAZY!!!

love ya babe!! *hugs*