Monday, February 23, 2009

Cupcakes For Life





In case you haven't heard, I am participating in the Cancer Council's Relay for Life for 2009. It being is held at Santos Stadium on the 29th March!



As part of my fundraising ideas for the event Monique and I decided to make cupcakes and sell them to help raise money. We've often done things together and thought this would be a lot of fun, as well as helping to raise money toward a good cause.


I am selling them at $5 for 6 cupcakes. I know, it's a bargain, but my main aim was to sell as many as possible in order to raise money very quickly. The event is fast approaching!
They have become very popular and are selling fast which is fantastic!


I have tried several different varieties including; chocolate chip, orange choc and vanilla sprinkles. A new one I have tried lately is chilli choc! It is a fluffy chocolate cupcake with chilli flakes sprinkled throughout the cake mix before baking, with a smooth chilli chocolate frosting on top!



I have had nothing but great feedback so far which is very positive and encouraging! In fact, I have had several people suggest that I continue making and selling cupcakes after the Relay for Life has finished. They have even said the price is too low and they are worth selling for more. I haven't really been covering my costs with the cheap price, as I am donating my costs and time in order to raise the money.


I think it might be an idea worth looking into. Monnie suggested possibly doing up a website and seeing how it goes. So I'm giving this idea some serious thought!


So, if you, or anyone you know, want to order my cupcakes, just drop me an email at angel01@adam.com.au and include the word 'Cupcakes' in the subject line. They will stay at the very low price of $5 for 6 cupcakes until 20/03/09! After this date, I will let you all know what I have decided to do :)




3 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

YUM!

Shelley Heath said...

They do look yummy. If you enjoy doing it you should carry it on but charge what they are worth... ie costs (including labour) + a couple of $ profit for yourself. Considering it costs $3.50 to buy a single muffin (I know not cupcakes but similar) from muffin break you could justifiably charge a lot more.

Jess said...

Very delicious!! If you ever need a taste tester for new varieties.... I'm your girl ;D